1. Dogs can dream. In fact, they feel related stages of dreaming to humans – including fast eye movement (REM), (the stage of dreaming we attend to remember). moans and paw moves are just some of the ways you can recognize a dreaming dog. Even more fascinating, Harvard specialists recommend that your dog is quite expected to be dreaming about… you. cute isn’t it?.
2. They can be as intelligent as two-year-old kids – with the capacity to learn a similar normal number of words.
The most intelligent breeds are Border Collies – They have the ability to understand more than 200 words.
3. Did you know that dogs can smell 10000 times better than humans, and they have the ability to even detect diseases using their incredible sense of smell such as diabetes and cancer?
4. A wagging tail to welcome you is one of the cutest forms of communication we see from puppies, but it isn’t always a happy one. Tail wagging to the right can mean they’re excited, but over to the left, it could mean they’re scared. If they raise up their tail, it could mean that they are anxious.
5. Dogs are highly empaths, they can feel our feelings like their own, so don’t be surprised if your dog comes closer to give you a hug when you’re sad, or jumps of happiness at your happy moments. And of course, try to show more love to your puppy because that will make them love you even more.
6. It’s an old legend that dogs can only see in black and white. even that they see differently to us, they’re still able to recognize strains of blue and yellow. They are only green-red color blind.
7. Dogs’ paws can be smell bad, but it’s for good reason – their sweat glands are positioned on the pads on their paws.
8. Dogs’ closest existing relatives are wolves – but their exact lineage is not clear. We do know that humans started to adopt and tame wolves more than 15,000 years ago.
9. Did you know that a dog’s nose print is as unique as a human’s fingerprint and it can be used to identify them?
10. dogs can have their pee and poop on hold and know when they’re on or off, so if your dog did it in the house there must be something you did to upset them and they did it on purpose.